On Tuesday, July 18, 2000, 5:51:17 AM, Johannes M. Posel wrote:

JMP> I just saw that since the introduction of S/MIME support, whenever
JMP> you
JMP> make a new message or reply, in the Privacy menu of the Editor there
JMP> is both PGP *and* S/MIME selected ("Apply when cpmpleted"? What does
JMP> that mean? :) Can I disable S/MIME for outgoing messages (I prefer
JMP> and
JMP> rely on PGP)...

Johannes, I would upgrade to Beta 10 that has a few S/MIME bug fixes,
most noticeable of which is now you can turn "Apply S/MIME" and "Apply
PGP" off by default through Account/Properties/Options.

If you turn both off by default, you then have the option of enabling
one or the other, or both, through the Message Editor via the Privacy
menu item. Actually, PGP and S/MIME are working fine now, and it's nice
to have that choice.


Nick

   --=N.J. (Nick) Andriash=--
 PGP Key ID: 0x7BA3FDCE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Owner ~ http://www.egroups.com/group/PGP-Basics
 To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
 ---

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

Reply via email to