On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:06:03 -0700, Nick Andriash wrote:

C>>         No, it hasn't been signed by anyone. You've hit on a point
C>> that has concerned me. Most people whom I've received public keys
C>> from have not had theirs signed by anyone.

NA> Why does that concern you Allie?

        Well, if the public key is unsigned, I only have the word of the
sender that it's indeed a valid key for the person who's name is
attached to it. IOW's, I could create a key in your name and post it to
a keyserver couldn't I?

-- 
A.C. Martin          [ TB! v1.45 Beta/11 | Win2k Pro ]
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
________________________________________________________
 "Oxymoron: Silent Testimony. "

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------
View the TBBETA archive at http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
To send a message to the list moderation team double-click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Unsubscribe from TBBETA, double-click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--------------------------------------------------------------


You are subscribed as : [email protected]


Reply via email to