I've asked about this before without getting any
4.2.36.4, I thought I might as well mention it
again.

4.2.36.4 is the newest version I can find, but I'm
not sure if it is current or not, since the version
numbers being discussed on the beta list are so varied,
it is starting to get confusing.

Anyway, here's what is happening:

The "Check Mail At Startup" setting has been flaky
for at least the past few builds.  TB is ignoring this
setting when it is started as part of my boot/auto-logon
sequence. But, if I /restart/ TB by itself (i.e. without
restarting Windows), then the setting is respected.

I'm starting to think that the "Periodic Checking Each"
setting might be triggering immediately when TB starts
at boot time.  If so, then TB may be honoring the "Check
Mail At Startup" setting in spirit, but not in fact due
to an immediate check being performed by the periodic
checker.  Or it could be something else, but either way,
it is slightly disturbing to have TB ALWAYS display a
fetch error when my computer reboots.

This is obviously not a critical thing, it would just be
nice for the settings to do what they're documented to
do.

--
Steven Vallière | tb 4.2.36.4 | mailto:the...@e-visions.com