Hello, Tbbeta.

The new version will be version 5.0.
The registration system will be changed. We didn’t yet completely figured out
the final changes to the registration system, but the preliminary changes are
the following: registration will allow using The Bat! for a particular period
of time. It will not be bound to version numbers as before. During this time
period, the user will be able to update to newer versions of The Bat! and
receive technical support. Upon the expiration of the term, no updates to newer
versions will be possible unless the user prolongs the period by paying the fee.
The changes to the program are the most significant that we have ever made from
version to version. We have removed 1.7MB or old source code so far, and are
using the new code instead. The program internal architecture is changed to
allow smooth IMAP implementations and many new improvements like undo/redo for
message management, and so on.
You have probably noticed that we have marked a lot of bugtracker entries as
“verify wait” We will release first alpha versions soon, so you will be able to
test these fixes and mark them “fixed” on the bugtracker. As about the IMAP in
these alpha versions, there will be the following limitation for IMAP so far:
1.      Outbox and Sent folders will be local;
2.      There will be no options configurable except the number of simultaneous
connections. We recommend you to use about five connections if your server
allows this.

--
 Maxim                          mailto:m...@ritlabs.com