Hello Maxim,

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:45:36 +0300 GMT (13/Jun/10, 23:45 PM +0700 GMT),
Maxim Masiutin wrote:

MM> The new version will be version 5.0.
MM> The registration system will be changed. We didn’t yet completely
MM> figured out the final changes to the registration system, but the
MM> preliminary changes are the following: registration will allow
MM> using The Bat! for a particular period of time. It will not be
MM> bound to version numbers as before. During this time period, the
MM> user will be able to update to newer versions of The Bat! and
MM> receive technical support. Upon the expiration of the term, no
MM> updates to newer versions will be possible unless the user
MM> prolongs the period by paying the fee.

So the version the user has when the subscription expires will
continue to work and he will just not be able to upgrade? Or will his
current version stop working?

Also kindly advise about tech support the user will receive - TBUDL is
free for all at the moment. I don't think you mean you will forcibly
unsubscribe non-payers.

I am sure you would have told us how long the subscription period is,
had you made the decision yet. Please let us know what period you are
thinking about. Seeing how many years are between major versions, and
full IMAP support having been promised for v2 (that was sometime in
the last century), I think you will lose most of your customers unless
you fix the old bugs and deliver on your promises before the first
period expires. This way, you are putting yourself under pressure to
fix these bugs, which is good for us, the users. I, therefore,
appreciate the subscription approach as customer-friendly. Provided
that old versions keep working if the user doesn't pay up for the next
period, that is.

At least we will have a schedule! So I am curious as to how much time
you give yourselves between asking the customers to pay up again or
jump the bandwaggon. This is much better than basing this on version
numbers that don't have any schedules. I like it.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.2.33.9