Ian,
G'day Dierk,

On Monday, June 14, 2010, at 5:13:41 PM, you (Dierk Haasis) wrote:

DH>  Actually RITLabs, with all shortcomings, already delivers quite well,
DH>  though mainly under the guise of 'beta'.

Actually, the only issue for me is not that The Bat! is moving to a
"subscription"model, but that the language used cloaks it in something
else.

The issue with subscription software is not that you pay an annual
subscription to use it, but that your data becomes locked to a
particular piece of software. Now if there was a standard format for
the storage and retrieval of e-mail messages, then no one would be too
fussed as they could use software A or software B.
IMAP.

--
Gleason