On Friday, January 7, 2011, 11:45:56, NetVicious wrote:

> I  think the same as you. They're in beta status yet, and they should
> be modified a bit.

The only reason I'm tolerating this is because this is a beta - I will
not tolerate them in the current form in a final version.

> The problem you say aabout they do not hide when the mouse it's no on
> it could be changed on the options but the 50pixels of distance to the
> mouse cannot be lowered to 10 pixels or other value we should want to
> put there.

In general I'm all for different configuration options, but these
hints really need one single checkbox:

   [x] Behave like OS native tooltips

50 pixels is way too much - the distance must be set to 0 pixels (the
moment the mouse leaves the element that triggered the hint it must
disappear unless the mouse moved to another element that triggers a
hint - in this case, the old hint must disappear and a new one must
appear immediately; if the mouse pointer moves over the hint, the hint
should move away, though this behaviour isn't as important as the
other two I mentioned, and it also appears that VCL's native hints
don't implement it).

> I think they're cool for folders, attachments and other things but not
> for message list. I would like to disable they for the message
> list because if I want to see the message I will click on it.

They would be fine there, assuming they would behave the same like the
rest of (Windows') tooltips - disappear immediately when the mouse
leaves the element that triggered them.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

[ The Bat! 5.0.0.126 BETA on Windows 7 6.1.7600. ]

A memorandum is written not to inform the reader but to protect the writer.
       -- Acheson's Rule of the Bureaucracy