Hello Maxim,

Rather  than  tack  this  to  every release where these faults are not
addressed, I thought I'd start a new thread.

I can see that a lot of effort is going into HTML messages,
translations, hints and other cosmetic changes but the really serious
problems remain. I know everyone has their pet features that they need
but surely one of the main selling points of TB is the handling of
large amounts of mail using filters and virtual folders neither of
which work reliably.

1) Virtual folders do not update and the counters are wrong.
2) Filtering  does  not work consistently. The results are not logged for
automatic filtering.
3) Test  filters  filter  the whole folder rather than just the selected
message.
4) Common filters do not work (because I can't get past the exception:
Sizes differ!!) but they may work.

Of course, nothing can be reliable when there are so many exceptions.
When an exception is thrown, whatever is being done is normally
terminated and this could account for a multitude of symptoms.

Please tackle the exceptions and then many of the other reported
problems may just disappear.

 Tony                          mailto:t...@parkinch.co.uk

The Bat! 5.0.6.1 BETA