Hello Steven,

TF>> Any confirmations?

SPV> Sorry, no.  In fact, the receipt of your message caused TheBat!
SPV> icon to flap (in my tray) and is showing the To: header just as
SPV> it should.

As you might have read in the meantime, the problems solved
themselves.

SPV> However, my Win7 Pro x64 system was installed cleanly on an
SPV> empty drive.  Since you said "upgraded my windows" perhaps
SPV> something in the Windows upgrade process has caused this issue
SPV> to manifest.  Ever since I first got Win7 (at home, when it
SPV> first came out) I've read that upgrading to it was fraught with
SPV> problems, mostly with existing applications not quite working
SPV> as expected.

While Win7 runs on my "old" computer, I discarded the Harddisk (after
backing up the data I wanted to keep onto an external drive), as it
had started to act up after four years in my posession. I had bought
the computer second-hand, so who knows how old it really was. I took
the HDD out and handed the computer to my friend with the instruction:

1. Install new HDD (1 TB)
2. Install Win 7 and current MS-Word version

So, the "upgrade" is not an upgrade from XP to Win7 in the sense you
might have understood. It was a clean install on a new HD. But, due to
the hardware, it's a 32-bit version.

SPV> I also greatly dislike Aero and run my system with the Windows
SPV> Classic theme (it looks pretty much like a Windows 2000 desktop)
SPV> so that may also be related.

I am much a fan of Aero. I hadn't heard about it before, and after
only a few days wouldn't want to miss it.

--
Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 5.3.6.0 (Christmas Edition)
under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1