Hello all,

Sorry  for  x-posting to TBUDL and TBBeta (although not a beta issue),
but  I  think  it  may  be  of  interest to all, or in case anyone has
experienced some similar.

A  couple  of  days  ago  I  started to get this "message not properly
addressed" error when trying to send a msg. I would get it when trying
to  send  to  any  address  and  from  any  account (all POP). I could
receive, although downloading was noticeably slow.

When  clicking  send  from  Editor  window, it took a few 'moments' to
close.  Then  the  Connection Centre would pop-up saying "Composing.."
(for  1,  maybe  2, seconds) and then I would get the error. As I said
above,  trying  to  send to any address and from any of my accounts. I
re-started  TB  several  times, re-booted my system, but I would still
get  the  error. I 'Repaired' TB installation and nothing. Uninstalled
completely, 'cleaned' the Registry, did a fresh install and... problem
still there.

Since  I could not send mail, the only way to ask for help was opening
a  Support  ticket [TID#75335] but, so far, I have not heard back from
them.

Slow  reception and the error (after re-installing, etc.) when sending
made  me think that maybe there was something "external" affecting TB.
I   don't   know   why  but  I  decided  to  look  in  TEMP  directory
(C:\Users\Miguel\AppData\Local\Temp)  where  I found well over 100,000
(yes,  well over one hundred thousand) 'batXXXX.tmp' 0 byte files. All
from  the  same  day  and  with time stamps within 5 minutes (16:46 to
16:52).

I  decided  to  delete them all, and 'voila', I could again send email
with no problem and downloading was again as fast as usual.

The questions now are:

1.-  What  in  the world made The Bat! create such an amount of 0 byte
.tmp files in 5 minutes?

2.-  Why  this  amount  of files made TB generate the error of message
"not being properly addressed"?

I have opened BT report: https://bt.ritlabs.com/view.php?id=1290

Miguel A. Urech (Els Poblets (Alicante) - Spain)
Using The Bat! Version 7.4.16 (32-bit) on Windows 10.0
My photos at: http://mau.smugmug.com
My photoblog: http://mau.aminus3.com