Title: Re: Column "from" shows only From-address, not from name (in mails from Yahoo groups)
Hello Lüko,

Guten Tag Tbbeta Tbbeta,

    I don' know when this began, but in my current Version 8.2.8.2 it is the case, at least with messages from Yahoo Groups. Yahoo groups like all US mailing list provides changed the presentation of the authors email address and free form name, in order to avoid that this is considered to be spam because being sent out by the mailing list host instead of the host of the author.

    Instead of e.g.
           "duniatorresgonza...@gmail.com [CubaNews]" <cuban...@yahoogroups.com>
it only shows
cuban...@yahoogroups.com as the originator, the same as if I activate "From (adress)" for a column

Ritlabs' Facebook posting of 11 January 2018:

QUOTE

The Bat! v8.2 Overcomes Mailsploit Vulnerabilities

We have released the new version of The Bat!, which is no longer affected by Mailsploit, a set of vulnerabilities that allowed sender spoofing. At least 30 email programs from various vendors were affected by Mailsploit, including most popular programs. It was possible to spoof the sender’s email address by using a specially crafted data in message headers.

In The Bat! version 8.2, we implemented a new context-aware message header decoder to address the Mailsploit issues. Besides that, we have improved The Bat! to made the following checks in the display name part of an address: if it contains an "@" character or any control character (such as "carriage return", "line feed" or "null" characters), then such a name part is discarded, and the user sees real email address rather than a fake one put to the sender’s name part.

To address the Mailspoit issues, The Bat! version 8.2 features a new format of the message base indices, therefore earlier versions of The Bat! are unable to display, in the message list, senders and recipients of the messages received by the new version. As a result, you will not be able to use the same message base in different versions of The Bat!
In this version of the program we also resolved problems in CardDAV, in HTML-editor, and made improvements in the multi-threaded locking mechanism and on modern processors that are equipped with AVX-512 instructions.

UNQUOTE

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=ritlabs

I have the same problem with the German TB!-Yahoo Groups, I cannot see in the message list any more who sent the messages. As a user, I am not sure disallowing "@" in From names is the best solution, but I am not a programmer.

--
Cheers,
Thomas.

Travel Map: