Lüko,

So, to finish up as Ethan suggested, I suspect I would agree if I got a lot of
email from people who use Thunderbird.  I see
almost none.  So, for Rit, it is a design choice depending largely on their
estimation of how many people use Mozilla clones.

Hello everybody,

on Freitag, 19. Juli 2019 at 19:54  Gleason <sombr...@mm.st> wrote
re ...working on version 9 — will essential changes be implemented?  (was: The
Bat! v8.8.9 MSI (3rd attempt))

> In this case, the important thing is that the system works,

 Fact is, that the quoting in TheBat! is broken, is utter nonsense and does not
work at all.

 When I get a message which quotes something I had written before, TheBat! does
not render the quote as a quote. And I have no means to tell for sure what is a
quote and what is new text in a message, and no link to the message being
quoted. Normally quotes would be identified by enclosing them with a BLOCKQUOTE
or Q tag.

 When I use TheBat!'s broken quoting, it get's completely gobbled up until
recognition.

 You speak about a "list of major players" meaning apparently email clients.

 But you mention only one of the "major players", namely Thunderbird. More
often used than Thunderbird is MS Outlook, MS Outlook Express (or Live, as they
call it now), and in a similar range Apple Mail, which has for Mac users the
same importance as Outlook and Outlook Express for Windows users.

 BTW, I tried to get a statistic of the number of the various eMail clients as
shown by the X-MAILER header, but the search by TheBat! does not allow to
select a given header and only search the content of that header field. And I
could not export my full message store to MBOX format — nothing happens, unless
I select each single folder at one time, but hat is too tedious to do. And the
file format of the TBB and TBN files is not known to me.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt am Main
Germany

using: TheBat! 8.8.2.8 (BETA)
OS: Windows 7    (NT 6.1 Build 7601 - Service Pack 1)
CPU: AMD  amd athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+
MEM: 4097 MB

--

Gleason