Title: Re: Transfer TheBat + Mail Base to new PC?
Hello Lüko,

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 10:39:16 +0100 GMT (21-Jan-20, 16:39 +0700 GMT),
Lüko Willms wrote:

Hello Greg Strong,
and the rest of us:

on Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2019 at 04:14  Greg Strong <greg_emailli...@geedubeeu.com> wrote
re Transfer TheBat + Mail Base to new PC?

> What  is  the  best way to transfer the program AND the mail base to a new PC?

  Just install TheBat! on the new PC and then copy the mail-directory with all the mail store and auxiliary elements like filters etc from the old to the new PC.

  To locate your mail directory look in the registry at the value of  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat!\Working Directory

 Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt am Main
Germany

using: TheBat! 8.8.9.12 (BETA)
OS: Windows 7    (NT 6.1 Build 7601 - Service Pack 1)
CPU: AMD  amd athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+
MEM: 4097 MB

As this is not a beta-related question, I am copying to TBUDL for follow up there.

When I have a new computer and need to move TB!, I always use the internal funcitons:

Tools / Backup on old computer
Move the resulting *.tbk file to an USB stick
When you install TB! in the new computer, TB! will actually ask you whether you want to restore from a backup
Point to that USB stick (which you have of course moved from the old computer to the new computer)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 8.8.9.12 (BETA) (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 18363
'Using TBBETA' information: