Hello everybody,

on Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2020 at 16:06  Thomas Fernandez <thomas.gm...@gmx.net>
wrote
re Real names not displayed correctly

  Why don't you contact them?
  qq.com is actually made by Tencent: http://www.tencent.com/en-us/index.html

Yes, and Tencent is one of the biggest tech companies in the world.

  Comparable to Google.  I also can't understand why people chose Google Mail
to let the data collectors gather information on with whom and how frequently
the customer exchanges mails.
  In capitalism: TANSTAAFL = There is no such thing as a free lunch. When you
don't pay with money, you pay with your data, i.e. your privacy.

  BTW, GMX is only one service and brand of United Internet, others are 1&1,
Web.de, Strato, Drillisch, and others. See de.wikipedia

They will certainly listen to me when I tell them that they need to change
their RFC-headers.

I just went through a month-long discussion with GMX, the biggest email
provider in Europe, about one of their settings. The end was that they finally
understood that there is something wrong with their settings, and that they
will relay it to their tech department (of course I could only talk to customer
service). I am a paying customer there.

   I had the same experience; they are very arrogant there. But both our
experiences show that perseverance pays. GMX/Web.de had wrong settings so that
relatives of me could not send mail to a common friend of us in an african
country. Even quoting relevant rules from RFCs didn't convince them. They
finally corrected the error when I told them that their error was not a problem
for me, since my main email account is on T-Online, and I am forwarding mail
from my GMX-only relatives.

GMX are most likely a microscopic company compared to Tencent. I don't have any
comparison figures for QQ Mail, but would not be surprised if they could
swallow GMX many times over in terms of number of users.

  At least, long after my complaints, they stopped adding a second PDF of 168
kb with the same file name as the actual invoice. So they change, but only in
snail speed.

  As to the Tencent problem: Here is the relevant rule from RFC5322, which is
probably the current version of the original RFC822
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5322.txt) :

> 3.4.  Address Specification
>
>    Addresses occur in several message header fields to indicate senders
>    and recipients of messages.  An address may either be an individual
>    mailbox, or a group of mailboxes.
>
>    address         =   mailbox / group
>
>    mailbox         =   name-addr / addr-spec
>
>    name-addr       =   [display-name] angle-addr
>
>    angle-addr      =   [CFWS] "<" addr-spec ">" [CFWS] /
>                        obs-angle-addr
>
>    group           =   display-name ":" [group-list] ";" [CFWS]
>
>    display-name    =   phrase
>
>    mailbox-list    =   (mailbox *("," mailbox)) / obs-mbox-list
>
>    address-list    =   (address *("," address)) / obs-addr-list
>
>    group-list      =   mailbox-list / CFWS / obs-group-list
>
>    A mailbox receives mail.  It is a conceptual entity that does not
>    necessarily pertain to file storage.  For example, some sites may
>    choose to print mail on a printer and deliver the output to the
>    addressee's desk.
>
>    Normally, a mailbox is composed of two parts: (1) an optional display
>    name that indicates the name of the recipient (which can be a person
>    or a system) that could be displayed to the user of a mail
>    application, and (2) an addr-spec address enclosed in angle brackets

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt am Main
Germany

using: TheBat! 8.8.9.12 (BETA)
OS: Windows 7    (NT 6.1 Build 7601 - Service Pack 1)
CPU: AMD  amd athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+
MEM: 4097 MB