Hello Stefan,

> https://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb9.3.3.1-x64.7z

Up and running.

A word to the plans for plugins and macros ...

Although I am using The Bat! for decades, I am a rookie when it comes to
macros. Only when someone in the past posted an example and where to
write it  down, I managed to use it, such as my footer below - and the VPN
tool NordVPN and its version I wrote manually as it stands there.

I have bigger problems adding some macro myself from the list. To be honest
, I even don't know what that term means and would have to search throughout
the program to find them again.
I am sure, without doubt, that many testers here see the abundance of macros
as one of the strengths of The Bat!. To me, it it the opposite, a weakness.
That abundance itself is great, but the way how to handle it, is barren IMO.

A plugin, in which step-by-step each option in simple text is listed where
the user can check (or uncheck) each option would make the use of macros
strong and usable for plain end-users who are neither interested nor willing
to dig in depth in a program to use its possibilities.

Let me give a concluding example with another program.
Take a text processing program, e.g. LibreOffice. When writing a text, one can
use for a text to write from the default stylesheet the options Titel, Header 1,
Header 2, Header 3, Quote, body text, etc. One even can define an own
stylesheet.
I am someone who only uses the default Body Text option, and if I want to have
a title
or a Header, I make the font bigger and black. And I know, there are many
thousands
who do this similar.

Similarly, I use The Bat!
And as a beta tester, I use it in a live environment only, watch each time
whether it
works without problems for the aims I use it.

In short..... my wish.... make The Bat! unconditional usable for anyone and do
not expect a user to be well grounded in the functionality to be able to use
that
whole functionality.
When installing TB, some settings are requested, it all should be that easy.

Yeah I know, sometimes I'm a dreamer. ;-)

--
Kind regards,
Gunivortus Goos

The Bat! Professional 64 bit, version 9.3.3.1
Windows Pro 64 bit version 10, build nr. 19042
NordVPN vs. 6.32.15.0

'Using TBBETA' information: