Hello TBBETA,

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:54:10 +0700 GMT (03-Jun-21, 18:54 +0700 GMT),
Thomas Fernandez wrote:

>>> This is a problem, as .MSG files are now suddenly associated with Outlook.

>> The problem is, Microsoft took away this possibility from developers because
>> they were using it "too aggresively". Now, you should do it from the
>> "Default Apps" Windows settings.

> Oh, I see. I just went to Settings, and there is no app associated with Email
> any more. So I clicked on the "+" and gopt a choice - which did not include
> TheBat.

> So I went to "Choose by file type" where I had to scroll down to .msg
> (annoying that there is a search function), and again, I was given the
> choiuce of Notepad, Outlook and "Look at the MS store".

> How do I assiciate TheBat now?

Funny thing: I reinstalled the latest release version using the .msi file, and
now suddenly .msg files are associated with TheBat! again. Not with Outlook any
more, as was the case with the Alpha.

So, there is something in the installation file that can indeed change the file
association.

Options / Preferences / Associations  still does not show the options.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.3.4 (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 19041

'Using TBBETA' information: