Hello Gwen,

> This was a broken implementation of IMAP over SSL protocol in The Bat!?

I would consider it as forcing a strange restriction at the server side.
Especially because sending an innocent CAPABILITY command was not caused any
problem for decades.
Strictly speaking, not allowing any input from client before server's response
is a clear violation of the IMAP standard since IMAP does not mean to be
synchronous - i.e. server and client do not need to wait each other response
unless there is some [designed] logic behind that wait.

> Do we get a fix for older versions? I have customers and users with  9.1, 8.x
> and older.

They need to contact the support to check what can be done there. There is a
problem to rebuild older versions due to significant toolset change, I'm
afraid...

Stefan Tanurkov

'Using TBBETA' information: