Hello Screwyluie

On 17 May 2001 at 20:40:41 -0700 (which was 04:40 where I live) Screwyluie
wrote and made these points

> was playing with some features of the bat when I noticed this one. when I
> paste as quoted from a text file (the one I was testing on was quite
> long) all seems well, it pastes, the cursor is moved to the end of the
> new text, it's all quote properly... but when I hit undo, the cursor just
> move back to where it was before I inserted the text from the file... I
> then have to click undo again for the text to actually be gone. now this
> is kinda annoying, and I'm not sure how many levels of undo we get but
> this is wasting 2 instead of just 1 regardless

Don't Change this I like, I use it, I want It.

> that's the annoyance, here's the bug. if you "paste from file" not paste
> as quotation,

True, but have you used [Paste Quotation from].

> the cursor isn't moved to the end of the file like it should be,

I can not confirm this the cursor for me is placed at the end of the text.

> so when I when I do my (annoying) double undo to get rid of the text it
> doesn't remove it all,

It does for me.

< ... >

> this hasn't been tested with different length of text files so you may
> have to make a big text file to reproduce it, I don't know. here's one
> line from the txt I used:
> 166     1:46:37 PM      Kali.exe:836    850ECE68        IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL
>TCP:Control obj         SUCCESS IOCTL_TCP_QUERY_INFORMATION_EX

Tested with your line and some different files. I can not reproduce it.

> hmm odd, I just copied that out of the file and the used ctrl+v to put
> it in here and even then the cursor wasn't placed at the end of the
> line...

It was for me.

> and it brings up another questions, shouldn't the word wrap wrap that
> text?

NO. Please don't change that. I need that for cut and paste log files to
email them.

> let me know what ya think

I think I have. :-)

PS I almost missed this message. I think that you found a message from the
list, hit the reply button and then change the subject, text etc. There are
a number of people who sort all there messages by reference ( Me for one)
so it can be very easy to miss a message like this buried inside another
thread.

- --

  David                   |  MUA:-  The Bat! 1.53 Beta/6  | E-mailaholics |
 _________________________|   Windoze 98 se 4.10.2222 A   | International |
| I like taglines with musical notes, but I can't play them! -BB          |