Hello Stefan,

why are we not able to disable previews and tabs of attachments in
message list by settings?

I have disabled opening attachments of Microsoft Office data and other
types, but the preview tab is always visible and shows a preview of
f.ex. MS documents when accidentally clicked on this tab.

This means for me such attachments are internally open and rendered.

I am really concerned about security issues related to the attachment
viewer.

My questions now: how do you protect us The Bat! users from malicious
attachments?

1. If attachments are rendered by Chromium CEF, there are always
   security issues in browser viewer part of The Bat!.
   And Chromium sandbox is not really a good protection.

2. Vulnerability could be the unpacking of compressed
   data.
   Think about a so called ZIP bomb or a compressed archive which is
   decompressed by a vulnerable zlib (or similar) program lib of The
   Bat!.

3. The Bat!'s XML parser for some data types can be vulnerable.

I think there is a real need of never opening attachments, not even hidden
internally!, if that is forbidden by The Bat! settings.

Please take some time and explain us why The Bat! is still stay safe
related to attachments.

--
Regards
Gwen

Using The Bat! Version 10.3.2 (32-bit) on Windows 10.0 (Build 19045 )

'Using TBBETA' information: