Hello Stefan Tanurkov,

On  Thu, 17 May 2001 at 16:36:01 GMT +0300 (which was 17/05/2001 20:36
GMT  +0700  my  Local  Time)  "Stefan  Tanurkov"=[ST] wrote to Syafril
Hermansyah :

>> 1. Most  POP  currently implement asynchronous mode, means if message
>>    successfully  download  by  POPClient,  it will delete by POPServer
>>    without waiting QUIT command.

ST> This is bad practice and may lead to losing messages easily. For
ST> example, if your PC suddenly gets switched off (power failure, a baby
ST> pulled the plug out, etc).

ST> Because  we  know  about  such  servers,  The  Bat! sends the DELE
ST> command only when it has messages stored in its message base,

I notice that.

ST> this  is  done  in parallel to the receiving process and it can be
ST> slower  when  fast  connection  is  used.

Sorry, I doubt this.

ST> Keeping  messages  on the server for at least one day always makes
ST> me  feel  secure  :-)

That's the work around, but if we use ISP's mailbox address we can not
do that, due mailbox quota limitation.

ST> And I never get duplicate messages if my connection suddenly drops
ST> because downloaded messages UIDs are always stored...

I  am  running  4 different MTA right now, and leave message on server
not  active on my TB!, from my experience since last January, the only
account  which  never  give me duplicate messages even connection drop
are  account  that  host  on  MTA  with "delete messages if succesfuly
download by Client".

- Syafril -

Riding The Bat! 1.53 Beta/6
under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2