Hello MaXxX,

On Sun, 20 May 2001 at 00:08:50 GMT +0200 (which was 5/22/2001 5:08 AM
where you think I live) you response to Johannes Posel :

>>> that's  what I've always done. Why would it be wrong for TB! to do
>>> the same to speed the connection up?

As Alexander Leschinsky said, connect to POPServer using more than one
using   same  username  is  against  RFC  (see  RFC-1939,  section  4,
Authorization State).

There  is  only  one  *TCP/IP*  connection  for  port  110 from one ip
address,  and  after  Authorization State, it must be lock). Telnet is
*not*  TCP  Protocol,  so  you  can have more than one connection from
single ip.

I think, you agree with this :-)

>> I have an account on a server where the POP3d reacts badly to such an
>> attemp. He brings you back "-ERR you should not rush" :-) I will ask
>> what software it is. Anyway, I'll have a look at the POP3 RFC too...

This is what suppose to happen, due the client still in Authorization
State.

M> Please do.

M> But, for such servers it could be just an option, and of course it would
M> be off by default. I don't think it would do any harm for the users that
M> have (a) a bad network connection, and (b) a pipeline-capable server. On
M> the contrary, IMHO... :)

After Authorization State, Client will go to Transaction State.
You're  right,  there  is no statement on RFC-1939 section 5 mentioned
about  the  command  must  sending  on  sequence  and  must  wait POP3
response.

I  didn't see POP3 server who support PipeLining (interest to developt
?),  on  most  case  POP3  server will store the client command on the
buffer  (something  like  Latency Buffer) to force subsequence command
(which  not  response  yet)  to  delay  for a while. This mechanism to
prevent Buffer Overrun problem.

- Syafril -