On Wednesday, May 23, 2001, 10:49:32 AM, Nick Andriash wrote:

> On May 22, 2001, at 9:30:51 PM, Thomas wrote:

NA>>> Why? The Macro was designed to add comments to a Template, and that
NA>>> is exactly what it does... and does well.

>> No it doesn't.

> Thomas, what do you mean it doesn't? I certainly does work as advertised.
> Write yourself a *paragraph* if you like, include it within the quotation
> marks in the %REM Macro, and you will see not a word of it is visible when
> the Template is used.

>>  A "comment" is everything that is "commented out". TB
>> ignores the "comment" status of the argument and executes it anyway.
>> This is a bug.

> It can only be a bug if it does not do what it was intended to do. Taking
> the literal meaning from Stef's writing, it allows people to put in a
> comment about the Template without that comment showing up. That it does.
> What you want it to do, or think it should do, is something totally
> different, and perhaps something you should submit as a feature request. A
> bug? No. A feature with limitations? Yes. ;o)

I suppose this is getting to the point where it's just pointless
argument, but I submit anyone who has ever written code for a living
expects comment lines to not be processed, and that this is a bug. Why
should a compiler be trying to interpret or execute comment lines? It
should not. You should be able to put anything in there which helps
you and others understand your coding now, or years from now, or cause
actions to not take place yet leave the code there for later.

It's a bug.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828