Hi All,

On  Fri, 5 Oct 2001 at 02:03:02 GMT +0800 (10/5/2001 1:03 AM GMT +0700
where you think I live) "Thomas F"=[TF] typed the following :

[ ... ]

TF> Ok, so I need to set "Leave" in order to not get the dupes?

I think so because only on this mode TB! will use UIDL approach.

TF> I  don't  use  a  crappy  dial-up network connection (C-DUN, as my
TF> previous  abbreviation  CDU  is  the  same as a political party in
TF> Germany  and  has  been critisised) now, so I cannot at the moment
TF> replicate  it.  But leaving the messages on the server in order to
TF> not get the dupes sounds to me like a work-around.

The   downside   is   if   later   you   change to normal mode (delete
messages after download), you will get duplicate :-(

TF> Maybe  someone else, who supports Silviu's suggestion as well, can
TF> help out here.

Till  now,  I  really  like the way MDaemon DomainPOP Engine to handle
this stuff :
- at  first,  MDaemon  will issue UIDL (instead of STAT as TB! did on
  normal mode), to get all message-id already on POPmailbox, then keep
  this on temporary file for the record.
- After that, MDaemon will download as normal.
- If  at  any  reason the internet connection failed, next connection
  MDaemon  issue  UIDL  command  again, but before downloading MDaemon
  will check/compare to previous record.
  If  the  record  match,  MDaemon  will  not redownload the messages,
  instead he re-issue DELE command for those messages.

Note:  STAT  is  old  fashioned POP protocol command, nowadays I never
find any POPServer not support UIDL command.

- Syafril -

Riding The Bat! 1.54 Beta/9
under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2