Hi Günther,

GE> | But when I type the EUR character in The Bat, then it's not sent with
GE> | coding a4, but with 80

I can confirm this.

GE> | This means that you can see 8859-15, but you can't send it. At least the
GE> | result on receiver's side is dependent on how exactly it follows the
GE> | 8859-15. On Windows machines that use the same codepage which is common in
GE> | Germany, this should be no problem. On different operating systems or in
GE> | different countries it could be a mess.

GE> Can someone here confirm what he writes?

I can.

My steps to reproduce (2 ways):

I  - I created mail with Latin-9 encoding (and EUR-Symbols in it).
   - Sent it to my local smtp server (hamster).
   - Opened the message from the Mail.out directory with a hex-editor:
       EUR-Symbols were displayed as 0x80.
   - Changed one 0x80 to 0xa4 and reimported the message to TB!:
       both (80 and a4) were displayed as an EUR-Symbol.

   ---> So: viewing is okay, sending isn't.

II - Account properties: [x] Send 8bit as QP.
   - Create message with Latin-9 and some EUR-Symbols.
   - View message's source: EUR-Symbol is displayed as "=80".

I'm no expert in Latin-9 stuff, but _if_ this is a bug, then it is a
very serious one.

GE> How could possible solutions look like?

Wait for a bugfix from Ritlabs. Don't use Latin-9 :-(

--
Best regards, Carsten

The Bat! (v1.54 Beta/26) Business
Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195) Service Pack 2, PGP 0xe2d25323