-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

This message: 04/06/2002 14:33 GMT.

Hello CaLViN,


  A reminder of what CaLViN ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) typed on:
  04 June 2002 at 10:36:44 GMT +0200

C> I think you could do something similar in XP (delete the files when
C> for some reason the protection is disabled), but I have not tested
C> that yet and I'm not sure which files I should delete in XP...

    There is a web site related to uninstalling certain windows
    components. Not sure what the URL is but a search for "Windows Lite"
    should find it. I am also not sure it is relevant to or would work
    with XP but it's worth a look.

    If it's the security aspect of OE and the WAB that your worried about
    then don't. If you want to remove them then it's obvious that you
    don't use them. If you don't use them then they can't be attacked by
    whatever it is your worried about. The vast majority of viri are
    written for OE and the WAB simply because MOST people use them and
    that's the quickest way of spreading germs.

    If you don't use OE to read mail there is no chance of running a
    virus. If your WAB is empty you can't spread anything. If your using
    TB! and you do receive anything obscure then, unless you deliberately
    bypass the warnings TB gives you, you won't catch anything nasty just
    by having OE on your system.



- --
 Best regards,    Tony.           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Using The Bat! 1.60n/5 S/N A27A5E65
 Windows XP Pro 5.1 Build 2600
 P4 1.7Ghz

                                                                        `

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 6.5.8ckt   KeyID: 0xF74BE10F
Comment: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPkeyrequest

iQA/AwUBPPzFv75Uw5T3S+EPEQJrgwCg99uqL+UWc89iz+q9av+p+bdkMOoAn0zZ
FDGvJi0c0QmuqEVVUoSck/rE
=R58o
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


_________________________________________________________
Archives   : http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
Moderators : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bugs/Wishes: https://bt.ritlabs.com/

Reply via email to