Hello Costas,

CP> My suspicion lies with the graphics card. Otherwise, I don't see
CP> how the operating system (Windows 98SE) or memory (I have 192MB
CP> RAM) would be the cause of the problem, especially since nobody
CP> else using Windows 98SE has reported such a problem.

Well, you got me. I'm not sure what would cause it other than some
sort of device driver issue. If IrFanView works separately, and when
called by another program (say winzip or winrar) as an external viewer
for image files, and TB is hanging/crashing on you using the internal
image viewer, then it's either video related in device driver, or via
registry. I can't see it being a hardware problem because you can view
animated gifs in other programs. If it displays there, then the
hardware can handle it. If it was a device driver, then you most
likely would experience the same problem when viewing these images
using external programs too.

I'm guessing it's registry related. You might check file associations
too.

--
Leif

Using The Bat! 1.63 Beta/10 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 3 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB

 Current beta is 1.63b11 | "Using TBBETA" information: