Hi Alexey,

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:32:39 +0900 Alexey N. Vinogradov wrote:

> ...for mailing lists I use the folder's level templates to make the life
> easy:). 

Bad idea.

[Template] 
> So, to write a new letter to the list I just select the appropriate folder
> and press F5. This is comfortable, because I use different "from" address
> for different lists: 

Use Folder "Identity" instead of %From ... it's much more easy and
fool-proof.

> The problem arises when I try to click a mailto: link outsite The Bat! (in
> IE, for example) when I have such folder opened in The Bat!. So, if I read
> the letter from tbbeta and then, browsing throw internet found an address I
> want to write to, and press such "mailto:"; link, The Bat! pops up and create
> a new blank letter for me. But this letter actually created on the base of
> the opened folder's template! If I click a "mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
> the letter is actually created to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"...

You requested this behavior by using '%To="...."' :-)
Create an AB-entry for TBBETA, assign a short nickname, clear the folder
template, set folder "Identity" appropriately and to create a new
message go to the folder, hit <F5>, enter the nickname for TBBETA and
hit <Tab>.

Nearly as easy as '%to' macro, but quite more secure in respect of
misadressing mails :-)
-- 
Ciao,
 Pit

________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.0b4 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to