On Saturday, October 25, 2003, Oleg I. Polishchuk wrote...

> Hello tbbeta,

>   for example: at any page (while using IE) clicking on a link like

>   ""  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] you funky person!  ""

> in Subject folder we got 

> From : bla-bla-bla
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Hey 

> anyone confirm ?

That's because the person created a bad url. Certain characters are
supposed to be converted, such as spaces... The author of that page
has not done so, and should be poked repeatedly with a stick. Saying
that however, I believe there was a way around it, and it involved a
little registry work. If you click, start, then run, type regedit.
Then go to:

  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command

You should see an option that looks like this:

  Default  "c:\program files\the bat!\thebat.exe" %1

Double click on the entry, and put " " around the %1, so it'll now be
like:

  Default  "C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat.exe" "%1"

That should 'fix' the issue from what I remember.
  
-- 
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Customer: I'm running Windows '98
Tech: Yes.
Customer: My computer isn't working now.
Tech: Yes, you said that.


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.01.7 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to