Dierk Haasis, [DH] wrote:

DH> It may be that 70% of the people coming to your site use XP (see
DH> below: I am one of them), but how do you know what their UI looks
DH> like? The first thing - yes, the very first thing - I did when I
DH> started my pre-installed XP for the first time, was to choose the
DH> classic look of Win9x. And that was not out of nostalgic feelings
DH> ...

I not only use my computer for work, but I also use it because I enjoy
using it. I tend to use applications that add a kick to the overall
experience. The vanilla Windows look simply doesn't cut it and XP's
skinning does add to it once you use skins that don't come with XP.

I'm currently running WindowBlinds with a MacOSX Jaquar type skin and it
sure makes for a MUCH better visual experience.

Some may like the simple spartan Windows look but I do think they make
up the minority of users. It's therefore a good thing that Ritlabs do
have some priority placed on making the interface more XP compatible. It
says a lot for the application especially from an initial impression
standpoint when these little visual issues are properly ironed. If it's
incomplete on the outside, it's invariably the same on the inside.

-- 
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
PGPKeys: http://www.ac-martin.com/pgpkeys.html
____________________________________
Using TB! v2.01.7 on WinXP Pro (SP1) 

Attachment: pgp00000.pgp
Description: PGP signature

________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.01.7 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to