Hello BWMarcotte,

> Based  on  this  it  appears the problem may occur if someone installs
> over an older copy - the version I was previously running was 2.01.3.

If you have seen all the messages in this thread, that is exactly what
happened to me. I upgraded from 2.01.3 (and I tried to uninstall and
install several times) and the Message Finder would not work. Finally, I
downloaded 2.02.3 CE and upgraded to that and then to v2.04.4 and it is
working now without problems. So, there _is a problem when upgrading
from some earlier versions, at least from 2.01.3.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v2.04.4