Hi all,

IMAP autofiltering now seems to work quite smoothly, i.e., without the
AV's and cache corruptions as before. I'm quite pleased that it works
but not without a couple cosmetic issues.

When a new Inbox message is filtered, the Inbox count registers the
message. So for a moment the Inbox seems to contain the message and it
changes colour status. The folder then changes back to unread status
and the new message count is like 1 <*> . Finally with the next sync,
the folder is back to having nothing in it. Will this distraction be
dealt with or is this how it will work?

The other thing is that if two filters match the message, the message
is moved to the destination folder for the initial matching filter and
stays there. However, the same activity that occurs in the Inbox as
described in the previous paragraph occurs in the target folder for
the other filter. So it would seem that the message is processed by
all matching filters though the correct filters actions is the one
that is kept.

For example, I just received a message from a friend. When TB! syncs
with the server, the Inbox, my Sundry and my Friends folders all
register new messages. With a couple syncs the Inbox and Sundry folder
finally no longer register new message counts. My friends message is
matched by two filters, i.e., the one that moves the message to
Friends and the other that moves the message to Sundry. The Sundry
filter is last and the Friends filter doesn't have 'continue
processing with other filters' enabled.

Are there plans to suppress this sort of visually distracting activity
especially if a lot of filtering is ongoing?

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.11.03 on WinXP Pro (SP1)