Some time around 08/24/2004 04:55:37, I think I heard George M. Menegakis say:
> Ritlabs are famous for the point releases. The version x.xx may have major new
> functionality over x.x(x-1). I don't know about you but I love RIT guys for
> this.

New functionality is ok, in fact, its great! I really love Virtual Folders and some of
the other new features introduced in this past versions.  But please understand my
point that entire re-designs of currently available features are not "new features".
For example, adding VF: good; replacing real folders with VF: not so good, as it would
force *everyone* into a new paradigm to which they might not be ready or might not
agree with.  This would be a candidate for a new product, say, "TB! v3.0 - Introducing
a new way to handle your mail, all VF!!!, no more pesky physical folders".  Those who
want that can upgrade, those who actually like 2.x should be able to keep it.  This is
only an example.

> I remember that we, the beta crowd, convinced Ritlabs to rename 1.54 to 1.6
> because it had too many new features.

There comes a point when new functionality crosses the boundary between just a new
bell or whistle and a whole new product cycle.  Taken, this boundary is relative and
highly subjective, but nevertheless should be considered.

> Anyway, I think that Ritlabs should take care about the guys using version
> 1.xx by producing service releases for a reasonable period of time.

I hope so.  At least for a reasonable period of time, is all I ask :)

        Thanx,
        dZ.