Hello Martin,

Tuesday, August 31, 2004, 6:15:03 PM, you wrote:

G>> Postfix is a MTA (mail transfer agent, mail server if you will), and is not
G>> an IMAP server. Postfix does not set up the above.

M> Yes, Postfix delivers to /var/mail (local delivery) and UW does
M> the rest...

right ;) Actually in PF main.cf file you can specify default delivery
anywhere, e.g. $HOME/Maildir/ or in mbox format.

M> but then I was trying to explain erroneous TB! behaviour not
M> every component of my system.

M> I should have said "I'm using Postfix with UW-IMAP and I have a number
M> of non-selectable folders..."

I only mentioned it as I am now tracking problematic IMAP servers using TB!
and this would help me. If you recall, someone previously had problems with
Courier IMAP, enough so, that a specific fix was offered in the TB! account
properties... I am trying to get a feel for those IMAP servers, no matter
what OS is used, or what mail format they use, which have problems with TB!,
and what those problems are, which you were kind enough to indicate.

Your problem could very well be your current layout of the folders, but I
have forgotten your specific layout. It could be that your folders need to
be in Maidir++ style Depot where they are in line with the root folder and
separated by a "." or that TB! is trying to read the folder layout as
Maildir++ but it is not.

example:

INBOX
folder1
folder2
.folder2A

or (depending on IMAP server)
folder2
.folder2.folder2A

So, folder2A would be pictured as being under folder2 in TB!.

Try setting the Root folder in IMAP options to
either INBOX or INBOX/  or INBOX.  see what happens..

 Gary

 Current beta is 3.00 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: