Hello Stuart,

Sunday, October 10, 2004, 3:27:10 PM, you wrote:

SC> Hello Scott,
SC> Sunday, October 10, 2004, 3:04:32 PM, you wrote:

SG>> I think Richard has hit the nail on the head here.  I'm not sure if
SG>> its' a feature or a bug, but Quick Search (at least on RC6) only
SG>> matches up to two characters.._if_ it finds a match...if there is no
SG>> "Oc" it goes on to the next letter, otherwise it ignores all entries
SG>> beyond that.

SC> Scott, I think this is happening because the words you type in
SC> quick search must appear in the headers you see in the message list.
SC> It does not search in the body of the message.

Stuart, I think you are dead on here, but its' strange that it won't
allow you to type the characters in regardless...wait...I understand
now...

OK, never mind, I figured it out. It only searches _some_ specific
header fields.   Which is why Oct doesn't match on anything, as
Received and Created are not searched...

So what header fields does Quick Search search...it appears to be
Subject:, From: and To: only?

The help file does specify this behavior, but it doesn't make clear
what fields in the Message List are searched.

 Scott

Using TB: 3.0.1 RC5 On Windows XP: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
And Avast!: Jun2004 (4.1.418) with DB: 0441-2 (08.10.2004) & TB Plugin: 4.1.418

 Current beta is 3.01 RC/6 | 'Using TBBETA' information: