On Monday, October 18, 2004, 12:25:13 PM, Doug Weller wrote:

Dierk>> Because it stands to reason if a !good e-mail client" should
Dierk>> allow this kind of tinkering.

> Others do. What's the reason not to allow it in TB? It isn't tinkering,
> it's editing.  I can already delete attachments, which is editing.

One shouldn't have to tinker. One should be able to make notes in an
e-mail message, change the header thread the message, etc.

Dierk, have you ever made a note in the margin of a book or magazine?

Would it be offensive to make a note on a letter one received, or put
a post-it note there? Why should I have to tinker to do it on my own
computer with my own e-mail client.

I find it offensive to be told that it is some kind of evil act to do
such an act on my computer or in my library?

--
Dwight A. Corrin

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: