George Mitchell wrote:

>I first noticed this problem in 3.0.2.1, and posted my findings here.
>There was no response and the problem hasn't been fixed, so I'll try
>again.  I like the idea of peer review before opening a BT item, but
>when I don't get any should I just open a BT report?  Anyway...

[subfilters activate even though the parent doesn't]

This behavior, in addition to the fact that if the parent is marked
"continue processing" it STILL halts on any matched subfilter, was
driving me nuts. Particularly because this was my first time working
with either subfilters OR common filters... so naturally I just
figured it was user error and kept trying.

THE BUG: The fact is that there is a confirmed bug with common
folders: in that context subfilters are irrelevant, and every filter
is evaluated linearly--as if it were on the top level.