Hello Goncalo,

DH>> or store the short list of possible resolutions in an array and
DH>> update the variable (saved screen size) based on startup values.

> I like mine better! :) Kidding.
> I  guess  the  'short  list' can be quite different from video card to
> video card.

There is a set of resolution parameters that can be considered a set
of defaults:

800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
1600x1200

Quite a few video card manufacturers use these, but that's not to say
that there isn't some other sizes that could be set by the user. But
for talking points, consider the above to be 'built in' where by TB!
can test for resultion and apply the last known (saved) or use the
next resolution down. What's the worst? The user will get a window
occupying less than a whole screen--much like mine is now (I'm running
2560x1200 on a Matrox Dual Head).

Maybe yours is better :)

Dennis

 Dennis Hays / HaysDesign
 http://www.haysdesign.com
 Sent on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 8:01 PM USA Eastern
 ICQ: 200045507 / AIM: edennishays
 yahoo: dennishays / Jabber: dennishays

 Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: