Hi Graham,

Wednesday, April 6, 2005
you let us know -at least in parts- :
>> 4) forget your password and you're washed up.
>>
> I really don't see what the fuss is about with OTFE? If you just install
> regular
> TB on a PGP encrypted virtual drive, then don't you have exactly the same as
> OTFE, and you can change the password, and it is probably more secure than
> ritlabs method.

> Can someone elighten me as to why you would do it any other way?

This I fear only Ritlabs can answer, maybe it was intended to be a
selling argument when Rit launched V.3 or something like that. I don't
know anything about the strength of the algorithm, but I noticed that
encrypting took much more time than the F7-searching function.

I don't use it, I only tested it if it would work -we were told that the
difference between the "Home" and the "Pro" version would be the
encrypting on the fly. "Secure Bat" has gone up in the Pro version.

Whoever may want to use it...
But there may be an existing market for people who are happy about the
possibility to solely encrypt their mails and the rest of the system is
reachable for others. TB will not even start without password.

Anyway: if you forget it, you have a serious problem :-)
I think every user has to decide wether or not to use it, but good to
know you could if you wanted. Good to have a choice, isn't it?

--
kind regards
Charlene Ferrara

 Current beta is 3.0.9.13 Return | 'Using TBBETA' information: