Ethan,

> Monday, April 18, 2005, 9:20:18 AM, you wrote:

>>   ...<Snip> ...Why do things that actually

>>   worked,  have to get removed?? I'd much rather see bug fixes. Like the ones

>>   I stated earlier..... some betas ago.

> I liked to echo that concern and raise a concern about this beta

> series.

Why do things that work have to be removed?  What I see is that RIT has

been working hard on getting the task manager to work right.  It is much,

much better now than in the last stable release.  The thing that non-programmers

might not know is that all functions in a program relate to all other functions.  It will

sometimes not be possible to fix one without breaking another.  This will be

especially true of the task manager which must coordinate all program functions

and decide who goes when.  It is a very difficult thing to get right.  For instance

what happens when TB is retrieving/sending and sorting messages going both ways

with filters all at the same time.  I am gratified that TB has finally been able to get

the filters to work right and get them turned back on.  I suspect that much of what

you see in things not working is that they have been turned off while programmers

seek to understand how they must work together.  This is a common programmer's

trick.

Keep up the good work, guys.  I have finally been able to put Becky Email to rest

and return to TB which is potentially a far better program.

--

Gleason

 Current beta is 3.0.9.16 Return | 'Using TBBETA' information: