Hello Thomas,

On Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 3:28:11 PM Thomas [TF] wrote:

TF> I agree with everything else you said, and if there is an RFC that
TF> says that you have to own the domain you post from in the usenet (as
TF> is widely believed in the de.* usenet, but you challenge that), I'll
TF> be back.

Be back nevertheless ;-) Even if you only find something that proves
me right I'd like to hear the confirmation :-)

TF>>> We are discussing an issue, and I need to find that RFC Volker G.
TF>>> refers to.

PP>> Please do. I'd be interested if he refers to a different RFC than I ...

TF> It will be my personal pleasure to prove him wrong. If I can.

I could bet he'll beat you down with something like "this is an
incorrect interpretation" and some other meta-physic stuff ;-)
This discussion went on for aeons and I don't think it'll turn by 180°
just because "someone" found "something" that can be read the other
way ;-) The "real FQDN-theory" defenders are usually much to stubborn ;-)
One hint: Charlie *scnr*

But nevertheless lets move this discussion to TBOT, because albeit
it somehow touches The Bat! it definitely ain't a Beta issue, and
unless we're talking about TB! implementation of MIDs I don't think
it's TBTECH related either :-) XPost set, please follow up to there ...
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

(The Bat! v3.5.18 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)

Bored people are boring people.