Hello Peter,

> The fields in the editor (all of them: From, To, CC, etc.) behave in a
> un-usable way: too many entries in those fields (e.g. in the BCC field)
> will just "overflow" the text so that the last addresses on a line will
> be clipped (i.e. invisible).

You have my most enthusiastic support for this wish!!! I searched the
BugTracker Wishlist but found only entries that touch that wish
slightly.

In addition to the above I also dream about seeing the following
functions in the address fields:

- When starting typing make autocompletion find also contacts that
  have the part in the address only. E.g. I type "xyz" and TB! shows:
  - "Foobar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" (currently not found at all)

- When starting typing make autocompletion complete the names also.
  E.g. I type "xyz" and TB! shows...
    "Frank Xyz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
  while currently TB! only completes the name to
    "Xyz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
  i.e. not the first name.

- When multiple possibilities are found mark the address somehow (red
  or green underline, italic, small button besides, whatever) and show
  a context menu besides the address with the other possibilities

> Also the fact that "Group by date" always puts newest entries on the top
> of the list no matter which sorting method you have selected. If you
> sort by created with the newest at the bottom, the "Today" should not be
> on top!

IMO that would be just as limiting: I like having Today on top so I don't
need to scroll down, but inside "Today" I like the messages oldest on
top, because threading works the same way (logically).

So best would be to have the two things individually set-able.

--
Martin
TB! 3.5.23 on Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4