Hi Tony,
   On 4/6/2005 12:17 PM +0100, you wrote:

> To be honest I'm nervous of trying it. FM has been such a performance
> revaluation for me, I'm not sure I could take the disappointment if TB
> doesn't fully exploit the advantages a decent mature IMAP server like
> FM has given me over my old, slow, poorly configured server I was
> using.

I tried it and it doesn't work badly at all. The speed is good, but
there are still those inexplicable pauses in operations. I select a
message and it just takes a long time to appear. With the fast mail
server where bandwidth isn't as great as when working with the server
on my own system, the pauses are that much longer. Long enough for me
to wonder if the message will ever display and I find myself going to
the reload button.

There are still hiccups with deleting messages. I have to do a manual
purge and compress at times.

--
  Allie Martin
System specs: http://www.ac-martin.com/sysspecs.htm