Hello Thomas!

On Friday, June 10, 2005, 9:40 PM, you wrote:

M>> And actually not here because I never use RTV.

< ... >

> Now I even tried with "Select-plus-Shift-plus-Reply Arrow" (using the
> RTV), and still cannot confirm the smiley was quoted. Hm.

Thomas, this is an elusive bug which bites only when least expected
and it will be part of The Bat! from now on, I suspect.

But, just to verify that also you did  have "Use Smileys" enabled
(either "Smileys" ticked in the context menu or in
Options/Preferences/Viewer-Editor) -- did you?

In other words, were you seeing a round yellow icon when you used RTV
and not just ";)"?

That's a necessary condition for this abnormality to occur. Something
about having an image overlaying the handle seems to confuse TB!

This never happened in v. 2.12.00 and earlier, right on back to the
time that 9Val's Default Smileys were first added--was that in v. 2.0?
I'm not sure, because I came on board at v. 2.6. Up until then I was
happy as a clam, running v. 1.62.

M>> But I hate it when someone using RTV quotes me and a smiley I have
M>> included doesn't appear in the quoted text.

> I agree, but I just cannot duplicate it.

Thanks for trying.

This bug effectively negates comfortable use of Smileys with handles
that call images.

They have been so much fun to play with, for me, and at times,
actually, so nearly indispensably useful.

But the PTV crowd (of which I was once a member) do win on this issue.
RitLabs might as well remove this feature from TB!, since it is
dangerous to use it. Woe. <weeping bitter tears>

Mary
The Bat 3.5.26 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2