Hello Stuart!

On Friday, July 22, 2005, 12:34 PM, you wrote:

>> Occasionally, though, even that will fail. :woe:

> It seems to work every time if I only select one line.

> If I select two or more lines then I must also select the next line to
> get the smiley retained.

I hope it will turn out to be this way consistently. Then, we might
have a chance of eradicating it.

My memory of it is that occasionally in the past, smileys in the
middle of lines have been omitted. Although, I can't right now recall
a specific message as an example. Or, Smileys at ends of lines within
a paragraph where the full paragraph was quoted, were dropped.

But, can't be sure. I just have a strong memory of it's having
happened. Unless I dreamed it. ;)

Anyway, I can't thank you enough for taking time with it for me!

Mary
The Bat 3.51.9 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2