Hello Ron,

>> What do you have set under Options/Preferences/Messages/View Modes?

> The only entry that I have is <Generic View Mode>. I have always been
> able to re-size the header widths, delete ones I don't want, etc. and
> it would stay as I left it, now it doesn't.

 Since one of the recent versions there have been choices under the
 Options/Preferences/Messages/View  Modes  as  to  how  changes to the
 View Modes are handled. They are:
                Ask Confirmation
                Ignore changes
                Save

If you have the checkmark beside Ignore changes it will act as you
say.

--
 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.61.06 Echo (Beta) on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A

 Current beta is 3.61.07 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: