I agree that ALL syncro options should be disabled since they do not
work.  It is better to not have a feature than have one that does not
work, no?

Thunderbird seems to have the Syncro stuff working much better than
all other clients.  They are open source, can't Ritlabs just copy and
paste the code?

I set all my settings to your suggestions, then did a restart, then
did a folder maintenance with all options on all folders. This fixed
34 folders. I then found my local TBat mail folders were 7.2GB, yes
Gigabytes. I deleted all the BIN, TBI, and TBB files (Ritlabs, this is
a bug, I should not have to do this, please fix this) and now
everything seems reasonable.

You were also correct about speed.  Even though the message are not
local, things are surprisingly fast.

I have one more question for you.

> The outbox is local.

By this do you mean you have NO check next to Outbox?  This is another
bug.  How the F*&^ is a new user supposed to know to do that.

I recommend against The Bat! as an IMAP client for new users until
Ritlabs gets it working better.

I best stop.  I am frustrated now wishing an IMAP client existed that
is, possibly, not able to be made.

John Thomas

Using The Bat! v3.61.09 Echo (Beta) on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.61.09 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: