Hello MikeD,
  A reminder of what MikeD (2) typed on:
  Monday, October 03, 2005 at 14:01:48 GMT -0500

M2> Hi Stuart,

M2> on Mon, 3 Oct 2005 08:39:26 -0500GMT, you wrote:

>>> I guess this is really to the creators of BayesIt and Bayes Filter,
>>> but what the heck is going on here. I have two computers, one
>>> running BayesIT and the other Bayes Filter and I have had to quit
>>> using them both as they are now starting to classify more good
>>> e-mail as bad than it actually catches spam.

M2> Have you tried adjusting your 'threshold'?  I have been using BayesIt
M2> and have not had that problem.  I almost never have false positives.
M2> But between 20 and 30% of the spam doesn't get filtered.  Just adjust
M2> the threshold up a bit each time you get a false positive and that
M2> should solve the problem ... but you will end up letting more spam
M2> through.  But for me, it is less of a problem to deal with the little
M2> bit of spam tht gets trhough than it is to have to deal with a proxy
M2> like K9.  But others feel that K9 (or other proxy) is worth the
M2> hassel.  YMMV

I get too many false positives as it is I could not lower the
threshold. I followed a lead someone else left to check to see if my
ISP was adding a spam line. While this was not my problem I am now
using it to send anything with a header x-smartermail-spam: to my Junk
folder and will see if this works OK. So far so good.

This is just a workaround though as only half my mail goes through
this ISP and the other ISP don't provide this service.

 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Using The Bat! v3.61.09 Echo (Beta)
 On Windows XP 5.1 Build #2600

 Current beta is 3.61.09 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: