On 10/28/05, Jay Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not necessarily. Since 3.62.01, I cannot delete some attachments,
> notably the ones with long names with unknown characters (derived from
> unsupported languages). I can save the files to disk, but when I try
> to delete the attachment, TB just ignores the command. Presumably this
> is somehow connected.

On further investigation, perhaps it's not the language or characters
that causes the problem. It seems that this is occurring with messages
that contain only an attachment (in my case, a Word doc). In other
words, someone has sent me the attachment with no cover letter. I have
saved the file to disk, but I don't want to delete the message - I
want to reply to it later with its CC list. Unfortunately, I cannot
just delete the attachment in TB. The only way to get rid of the
attachment in TB - without hacking the file systems - seems to be to
delete the entire message.

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.62.01