Miguel wrote...

Greg Strong may remember but that was the behaviour of Virtual Access, our good
old VA. If you replied to a message and there was text highlighted that text
would be quoted and, if there was no text
selected, then the whole message text would be quoted. And as far as I can
recall, no one ever complained about that behaviour.

Why then have so many keyboard shortcuts, shift clicks, Ctrl+Shift
clicks and whatever? All is needed is a 'Reply' and a 'Reply to All'

This was one of VA's strengths. This should be the way The Bat! operates too -
nice and simple ;-)

As you already state, why would you highlight part of a message if you were to
quote all. Surely by selecting text you are making a statement of intent - I
want to perform an action on this text.

Regards,
--
Tony Brookes