Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Monday, January 23, 2006 at 18:40:34GMT -0500 (which was 4:40
PM where I live) Curtis wrote and made these points on the
subject of "The Bat! 3.70.02 "Qigong" is now available":

> If I leave messages in my Inbox, exit TB! and then use another client to
> delete them, TB! will still display the deleted messages on reopening
> the Inbox via TB!. The already deleted messages just sit there, even if
> I exit and re-open the Inbox. I do a compress and nothing happens. I
> finally do a purge and compress and nothing happens until I exit and
> re-open the Inbox.

Confirmed in 3.65.03. (I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet.)

I had A LOT of messages in my inbox, which I wanted to clear out.
So I dragged them into another folder--using Thunderbird, because
I've had problems performing such large-scale operations with The
Bat! in the past. I was surprised to open TB! and find them still
there--and determined to stick around, no matter what I did.

The Bat! seems to have real problems deleting IMAP messages. I
haven't seen this reported here, but may have missed it. If I try
to delete a message in TB!, sometimes it disappears from the
folder immediately, but more frequently, absolutely nothing
happens. I still have numerous messages that I read using The
Bat! and was unable to delete, and haven't gotten around to doing
so in Thunderbird (which is what I usually have to do).

--
Keith
...Unburdened by the rigors of coherent thought.

Using The Bat! 3.65.03 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on a 2.4 GHZ Pentium IV
with 512 MB.

 Current beta is 3.70.02 "Qigong" | 'Using TBBETA' information: